Join us for the first market of the Ashmont Farmers Market's 9th season! Our ribbon cutting celebration will be at 4pm. This year the market will run from June 23 - Oct 13, plus the holiday pop up market on Small Business Saturday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Opening Day features:
* Waiting For Neil, a five-piece folk band, will provide lively music
* Kids of all ages can enjoy Balloons Extraordinaire (a local Argyle St business) whimsical creations and our new selection of lawn games
* Spring Brook Farm of Littleton is returning to the market, selling fruits, veggies, eggs, honey, preserves, meat, and other items.
* Fornax Bread Company products will be available weekly
* Red's Best Fish will be available for pre-orders for the following week
* Stop by the Market table to see this year’s swag, including the 2017 market t-shirts, and learn about new wellness programming in Peabody Square (Yoga/Zumba/etc. to be offered by Dorchester YMCA and 4 Corners Yoga + Wellness)
Joining the maket on later dates:
* Lang Her’s Asian Farm, a regular at the Fields Corner Farmers Market for decades, which will broaden the market’s produce selection (his crops will be ready for our July markets)
* Bittersweet Herb Farm, offering gourmet dried seasonings, finishing
sauces, flavored balsamic vinegar, herbal oils, and jams, will be selling on alternate weeks
* The Ancient Bakers - MWDBE & SBA 8a Certified for wholesome cookies, buns, and other treats
* Several other occasional vendors are confirmed and will be announced as scheduled to specific market dates
* Live music/arts and community information tables from our partners/sponsors at every market
The Ashmont Farmers Market accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and SNAP/EBT. The Commonwealth’s Healthy Incentives
Program (HIP) is replacing Boston Bounty Bucks this year and will match up to $80/month of produce purchases made with a SNAP/EBT depending on family size. (Info: www.mass.gov/hip)
Follow @AshmontFarmMkt on social media or check out the weekly calendar for vendors, music, and special activities at greaterashmont.org/calendar/farmers-market/. See you at the
Many thanks to Greater Ashmont Main Street's Annual Sustainers (the City of Boston's Boston Main Streets program, the Boston Main Streets Foundation, the MBTA, and the Martin Richard Foundation) and our 2017 Ashmont Farmers Market Sponsors (Carney Hospital, the Codman Square Health Center, the Dorchester YMCA, Eastern Bank, Harbor Health Services, Inc., Level Solar, Meetinghouse Bank, Standish Village, Trinity Financial, UMass Boston)! Without them, and our amazing team of volunteers, the market would not be possible.