This Friday, August 4, is Tavolo Ristorante Day at the Ashmont Farmers Market, with Tavolo sponsoring:
*** The entertainment sponsorship for this week's arts, featuring Dot Art offering visual arts activities for kids of all ages (4-6:30)
*** A "Making Bruschetta" Cooking Demonstration with Chef Eric Buonagurio (4:30 & 5:30)
*** Free raffle for Tavolo and Greater Ashmont Main Street/Ashmont Farmers Market swag
In addition to Tavolo's presence, this week's vendors & community tables include:
* Spring Brook Farm of Littleton selling fruits, veggies, eggs, honey, preserves, meat, and other items.
* Fornax Bread Company products sold by AFM volunteers
* Touch of Silva hand made jewelry, by local artisan Jo-Ann Silva-Winbush
* Nutritionists from Steward Health Care's Carney Hospital with their current education campaign and clinicial offerings
* Our partner in the Greater Ashmont Goes Solar campaign, Level Solar, available to explain the current federal incentives, set to expire in mid-2018
Please note: Red's Best & Boston Smoked Fish Co will return with EverGreen Delivery next week. This is their one week off from the market all season, only due to overlapping staffing issues. We look forward to having them back on 8/11!
The Ashmont Farmers Market accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and SNAP/EBT. The Commonwealth’s Healthy Incentives
Program (HIP) is replacing Boston Bounty Bucks this year and will match up to $80/month of produce purchases made with a SNAP/EBT depending on family size. (Info: www.mass.gov/hip)
Follow @AshmontFarmMkt on social media or check out the weekly calendar for vendors, music, and special activities at greaterashmont.org/calendar/farmers-market/. See you at the
Many thanks to Greater Ashmont Main Street's Annual Sustainers (the City of Boston's Boston Main Streets program, the Boston Main Streets Foundation, the MBTA, and the Martin Richard Foundation) and our 2017 Ashmont Farmers Market Sponsors (Carney Hospital, the Codman Square Health Center, the Dorchester YMCA, Eastern Bank, Harbor Health Services, Inc., Level Solar, Meetinghouse Bank, Standish Village, Trinity Financial, UMass Boston)! Without them, and our amazing team of volunteers, the market would not be possible.