This week at the market find:
*#WagToMarket In honor of these Dog days of Summer, bring your dog along to the Farmers market and win a prize! Every pooch brought by The Modern Dog Boston table will be entered into a raffle to win a prize bag full of goodies from Ashmont Farmers Market & The Modern Dog. Look for the most photogenic dogs to be featured on Greater Ashmont Main Street's instagram feed next week. (We ask that you'd leash your furry friends to ensure the comfort of all our market guests).
*For our #FitFridays series, 4 Corners Yoga + Wellness will be offering a Yoga Class in #PeabodySquare from 3-4pm. You can RSVP at Yoga Class in Peabody Square. Bring water, a yoga matt, and a towel.
*This week's Entertainment Series performer will be Gentle Temper who'll bring acoustic harmonies to #PeabodySquare from 4-6:30pm. You can check out their music at: http://bit.ly/2tFfDEV
* This week we'll have the Neponset Health Center with us promoting their "Let's Get Healthy, Boston" program. Come talk to them about subsidized Hubway memberships, car decals that raise awareness for cyclists safety, and bike gear!
* A trio of local business will be sharing their services. Find out about The Modern Dog Boston (already mentioned above), as well as The Maneikis Companies, Inc. and Crawford Drug.
We'll also have
* Spring Brook Farm of Littleton will be selling heirloom tomatoes, beans, squash, eggs, Carlisle Honey, preserves, meat, gourmet mushrooms from Fat Moon and more!
* Lang Her’s Asian Farm will broaden the market’s produce selection with Asian greens including Scallions, Peas, Pumpkin Leaf, Cherry, Green Beans, Summer Squash, and Snow Peas
* Fornax Bread Company will be available with boules, baggettes, baguette, batards, and twists.
* EverGreen Delivery will be offering Red's Best fish from local dayboat fishermen including Tuna, Striped Bass, Halibut and Scallops as well as Boston Smoked Fish Co products including Bluefish Pate and Salmon Bacon. You can pre-order at evergreendelivery.bike.
*This and every week, kids of all ages can enjoy coloring, board games, and our new selection of lawn games
We look forward to seeing you at the market!
The Ashmont Farmers Market accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and SNAP/EBT. The Commonwealth’s Healthy Incentives
Program (HIP) is replacing Boston Bounty Bucks this year and will match up to $80/month of produce purchases made with a SNAP/EBT depending on family size. (Info: www.mass.gov/hip)
Follow @AshmontFarmMkt on social media or check out the weekly calendar for vendors, music, and special activities at greaterashmont.org/calendar/farmers-market/. See you at the
Many thanks to Greater Ashmont Main Street's Annual Sustainers (the City of Boston's Boston Main Streets program, the Boston Main Streets Foundation, the MBTA, and the Martin Richard Foundation) and our 2017 Ashmont Farmers Market Sponsors (Carney Hospital, the Codman Square Health Center, the Dorchester YMCA, Eastern Bank, Harbor Health Services, Inc., Level Solar, Meetinghouse Bank, Standish Village, Trinity Financial, UMass Boston)! Without them, and our amazing team of volunteers, the market would not be possible.