Join us for the Ashmont Farmers Market's 9th season! This year the market will run every Friday from June 23 - Oct 13, plus the holiday pop up market on Small Business Saturday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Each market features:
* Live Music/Arts and community information tables from our partners/sponsors at every market
* Coloring, board games, and our new selection of lawn games to entertain kids of all ages
This week at the market find:
For our #FitFridays series, Carlos from the Dorchester YMCA will be offering a Kickboxing Class in #PeabodySquare from 3-4pm. You can RSVP at Kickboxing Class in Peabody Square. Bring water and a towel.
Our Entertaiment Series sponsor this week is a trio of businesses from Saint Marks Village; Crawford Drug, The Modern Dog Boston, and The Maneikis Companies, Inc.. This week's Entertainment Series performer will be singer/songwriter, Kimberly Mayo who'll bring original melodies and covers to #PeabodySquare from 4-6:30pm. You can check out her music at: http://bit.ly/2tq3NOP
* This week we're excited to have Bobby Mac the Knife with us. He'll be in the food truck spot on Peabody Square sharpening knives, tools, and scissors. See his full array of services and prices at: bobbymactheknife.com
* Boomerang Bags will be with us to share their model of sewing & sharing reuseable bags as part of the push to end plastic bag use in Boston.
* The City of Boston's Renew Boston program will be tabling and sharing how a home energy visit may help residents save energy, money, and improve their home comfort while lowering utility bills helping to reduce carbon emissions citywide. Find more info here: boston.gov/environment-and-energy/renew-boston
* Our Market Sponsor and Partner, the Dorchester YMCA will be tabling with us after their 3-4pm Kickboxing class to share the terrific fitness and community programming available at their convienent Washington St. location.
* noosa yoghurt's street team will be hanging out and handing out some of their delicious yogurt samples.
* Spring Brook Farm of Littleton will be selling heirloom tomatoes, strawberries, beans, squash, eggs, honey from, preserves, meat, gourmet mushrooms from Fat Moon and more!
* Lang Her’s Asian Farm will broaden the market’s produce selection with Asian greens including Scallions, Peas, Pumpkin Leaf, Cherry, Green Beans, Summer Squash, and Snow Peas
* Fornax Bread Company will be available with boules, baggettes, baguette, batards, and twists.
* Bittersweet Herb Farm will be back this week offering gourmet dried seasonings, finishing sauces, flavored balsamic vinegar, herbal oils, and jams, will be selling on alternate weeks
* EverGreen Delivery will be offering Red's Best fish from local dayboat fishermen including Tuna, Striped Bass, Halibut and Scallops as well as Boston Smoked Fish Co products including Bluefish Pate and Salmon Bacon. You can pre-order at evergreendelivery.bike.
We look forward to seeing you at the market!
The Ashmont Farmers Market accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and SNAP/EBT. The Commonwealth’s Healthy Incentives
Program (HIP) is replacing Boston Bounty Bucks this year and will match up to $80/month of produce purchases made with a SNAP/EBT depending on family size. (Info: www.mass.gov/hip)
Follow @AshmontFarmMkt on social media or check out the weekly calendar for vendors, music, and special activities at greaterashmont.org/calendar/farmers-market/. See you at the
Many thanks to Greater Ashmont Main Street's Annual Sustainers (the City of Boston's Boston Main Streets program, the Boston Main Streets Foundation, the MBTA, and the Martin Richard Foundation) and our 2017 Ashmont Farmers Market Sponsors (Carney Hospital, the Codman Square Health Center, the Dorchester YMCA, Eastern Bank, Harbor Health Services, Inc., Level Solar, Meetinghouse Bank, Standish Village, Trinity Financial, UMass Boston)! Without them, and our amazing team of volunteers, the market would not be possible.