Join us for the Ashmont Farmers Market's 9th season! This year the market will run every Friday from June 23 - Oct 13, plus the holiday pop up market on Small Business Saturday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Each market features:
* Live Music/Arts and community information tables from our partners/sponsors at every market
* Kids of all ages can enjoy coloring, board games, and our new selection of lawn games
This week at the market find:
For our #FitFridays series, 4 Corners Yoga + Wellness will be offering a free yoga class in #PeabodySquare from 3-4pm. You can RSVP at Yoga Class in Peabody Square. Bring water, towel, and yoga matt.
* Spring Brook Farm of Littleton selling fresh tomatoes, strawberries, beans, squash, eggs, honey from, preserves, meat, gourmet mushrooms from Fat Moon and more!
* Lang Her’s Asian Farm, a regular at the Fields Corner Farmers Market for decades, will broaden the market’s produce selection with Asian greens including Scallions, Peas, Pumpkin Leaf, Cherry, Green Beans, Summer Squash, and Snow Peas
* Fornax Bread Company will be available with boules, baggettes, baguette, batards, and twists.
* EverGreen Delivery will be providing fish from local dayboat fishermen including Tuna, Striped Bass, Halibut, Bluefish Pate and Salmon Bacon
Our Entertaiment Series sponsor this week is Back to Life Chiropractic & Wellness and our performer will be Three At Home, comprised of Mary Casiello and Dann Russo who'll bring their harmony-driven, pop-rock-folk to #PeabodySquare. Don't miss their act 4-6:30pm. You can check out their music at: https://soundcloud.com/threeathomeband
* Dorchester Food Co-op will be with us with information on the co-op, giveaways, and we hear, a giant carrot costume!
* UMass Lowell's nutrition educators will be with us, providing healthy living ideas, helping customers understand their SNAP benefits.
* City Compost will be offering information on their subscription-based composting service to neighborhood residents
* Boston Police Department (Official)'s Operation Hoodsie Ice Cream truck will have free ice cream.
We look forward to seeing you at the market!
The Ashmont Farmers Market accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and SNAP/EBT. The Commonwealth’s Healthy Incentives
Program (HIP) is replacing Boston Bounty Bucks this year and will match up to $80/month of produce purchases made with a SNAP/EBT depending on family size. (Info: www.mass.gov/hip)
Follow @AshmontFarmMkt on social media or check out the weekly calendar for vendors, music, and special activities at greaterashmont.org/calendar/farmers-market/. See you at the
Many thanks to Greater Ashmont Main Street's Annual Sustainers (the City of Boston's Boston Main Streets program, the Boston Main Streets Foundation, the MBTA, and the Martin Richard Foundation) and our 2017 Ashmont Farmers Market Sponsors (Carney Hospital, the Codman Square Health Center, the Dorchester YMCA, Eastern Bank, Harbor Health Services, Inc., Level Solar, Meetinghouse Bank, Standish Village, Trinity Financial, UMass Boston)! Without them, and our amazing team of volunteers, the market would not be possible.