Join us for the Ashmont Farmers Market's 9th season! This week's market features:
* #FitFridays yoga class offering on the Boston Parks and Recreation Department Peabody Square West (weather permitting) offered by 4 Corners Yoga + Wellness (3-4:00)
* Live Music/visual arts: the Calvin Limuel Band will be joining us with jazz stylings for today's market (4-6:30)
* SPECIAL GUEST: Surly the Squirrel from The Nut Job and The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature, will be visiting the market today to visit with #Dot kids and dogs, hand out coloring pages, sand pails, squirrel-shaped shovels, Blue Diamond Almonds, and more (4-6:00)
* Jenn Cartee, our Executive Director, will be available at the market to connect anyone affected or displaced by the Treadmark fire to services with our partner non-profits (such as Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance (MAHA)) and the City of Boston via the Boston Main Streets office, City of Boston, Department of Neighborhood Development, and the office of Mayor Marty Walsh
* Spring Brook Farm of Littleton with fruits, veggies, eggs, honey, preserves, meat, and other items.
* Fornax Bread Company products will be sold by our AFM volunteers
* Red's Best seafood & Boston Smoked Fish Co products will be available from EverGreen Delivery, either retail at the market or by pre-order at https://evergreendelivery.bike/boston-seafood-delivery-reds-best-fish-share/shop/ to make sure you get just what you want (please allow 24 hours for pre-orders)
* Bittersweet Herb Farm, offering gourmet dried seasonings, finishing sauces, flavored balsamic vinegar, herbal oils, and jams
The Ashmont Farmers Market accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and SNAP/EBT. The Commonwealth’s Healthy Incentives
Program (HIP) is replacing Boston Bounty Bucks this year and will match up to $80/month of produce purchases made with a SNAP/EBT depending on family size. (Info: www.mass.gov/hip)
Follow @AshmontFarmMkt on social media or check out the weekly calendar for vendors, music, and special activities at greaterashmont.org/calendar/farmers-market/. See you at the
Many thanks to Greater Ashmont Main Street's Annual Sustainers (the City of Boston's Boston Main Streets program, the Boston Main Streets Foundation, the MBTA, the Martin Richard Foundation, and Trinity Financial/Trinity Management LLC) and our 2017 Ashmont Farmers Market Sponsors (Carney Hospital, the Codman Square Health Center, the Dorchester YMCA, Eastern Bank, Harbor Health Services, Inc., Level Solar, Meetinghouse Bank, Standish Village, and UMass Boston)! Without them, and our amazing team of volunteers, the market would not be possible.